Popular Posts

Monday, February 6, 2012

My Cake Pop Story

During the blizzard of 2011 in Oklahoma we were trapped in our house for two weeks....so I became bored rather quickly.  There is only so much cleaning a girl can do.  I have always loved to bake and tend to relief stress by baking.  I stumbled across a brownie pop recipe in my Schwans catalog and decided I would attempt these amazing little treats.  So I created my first Brownie Pops for my friends birthday.....then I began to really research these cake pop things and found the Bakarella online and since have created these wonderful treats throughout the year.


These lovely cake pops were a long snowed in day in the kitchen.....started getting the hang of it once I read all the tips from Bakrella amazing Cake Pop Book.  Who knew that cake pops were so popular?  I just enjoyed the yummy cake/frosting mixture dipped in candy coating.

I made these for my nieces birthday....these were carrot cake and cream cheese icing dipped in candy coating.  The kids all got to help decorate her cake pop bouquet.  My first attempt at a birthday party.  Good times.

My sister-in-laws and I stayed up late making my cake pop creations for my Graduation Party from Graduate School.  These were so fun!!  And another idea from the lovely Bakeralla Queen herself.  Did I mention how I love the book and website??

We also made Cherry Chip Cake Pops....my favorite.

And finally my brownie pop delights.  Another favorite.

These cute little cupcake bites were interesting to make.....super fun and cute bite-sized cupcakes.

As I posted pictures on Facebook the orders started coming in....I did these for a family members birthday party.  My Baseball Pops.....fun!!

My neighbor called me wanting a last minute cake pop bouquet for her mom's birthday....this is what I had in the kitchen so it is my 'topiary' cake pop bouquet.

I made over 100 of these cake pops and wrapped individually for our Youth Group Fund Raiser for Youth Camp.  Sold them for $1 each.

I made these for a little girls birthday party....love the pink and black.  :)

My cousin's birthday cake pop bouquet.....added her letters of her name on the pops.....

Owl Pops for a baby shower....so fun.

Christmas Tree Cake Pops for our Ladies Event at Church.


Valentine Cake Pop Bouquet


These are just a few cake pops that I have done this year....it has actually been just a year since I made my first cake pop.  My sweet hubby helped me come up with the name LynZpopZ and now I guess I should create some business cards and see where it takes me.  I love baking....never felt I was very artistic but I love coming up with new ideas.

If you are interested in ordering or learning how follow my blog...I plan to do a step-by-step post next.

No comments:

Post a Comment